Often after an injury or surgery, a patient’s sensitivity to pain and inflammation of joints or muscles is increased, while range of motion and weight-bearing ability is limited, restricting the patient’s activities on land.
Due to its natural buoyancy, exercising in water can reduce the effects of gravity and provides a low/no impact environment, allowing the patient to move more comfortably while the hydrotherapeutic jets relax the muscles and enhance range of motion.
Patients can improve mobility, strength and function rapidly allowing them to return to their normal living sooner. If you’re looking for aquatic therapy near me, look no further than SportsCare!
Our indoor heated therapeutic pool in Mountain Lakes, NJ offers a private pool area for one on one treatment, steps for easy entry, hydrotherapy jets, adjustable current settings, and an underwater treadmill.
With multiple workout stations at a variety of water depths, exercise programs are customizable for each individual patient.
Your physical therapist will perform an initial evaluation to determine the frequency of visits in the pool and on land, resulting in a specific program for your needs.
- Buoyancy– floating in the water allows you to exercise with up to 90 percent of body weight removed. This dramatically decreases painful joint compression forces and fear of falling.
- Temperature– the warmth of the water results in relaxation and pain reduction by inhibiting pain pathways.
- Turbulence– this property is the ever changing flow of the water which imparts safe and gentle forces on the body to help improve your balance and core stability.
- Viscosity– this is the ‘thickness’ of water which allows for gentle an progressive resistance to aquatic exercise.
- Hydrostatic Pressure– the pressure exerted on your body when it is submerged in the aquatic environment. This pressure can assist with the return of blood to your heart from your legs while exercising.
- Improved Strength, balance, circulation, range of motion, flexibility & gait mechanics
- Decrease in swelling, inflammation & pain
- Ease with returning to function & safety
At SportsCare we understand that your pain may need urgent care. It is our policy to schedule an appointment within 24 to 48 hours. Easily request an appointment below, or call the facility nearest to you to speak with someone from our team!
Customized Treatment Plans
Physical Therapy is an important and necessary way for people to recover. The key to success for every therapy program is individualization, and at SportsCare Physical Therapy we see each of our patients as individuals. With a customized treatment plan that is unique to each patient, our therapists are able to address all of their patients’ specific needs!
At SportsCare we verify your insurance immediately, at no cost to you, so you’re fully aware of your responsibilities way before your first visit. It’s just one more step that we take to ensure that you have the best care possible.